Board Member Elections
The CAL-ED board is anticipating filling several vacancies at our up-coming 2017 conference. The election will take place at the CAL-ED Conference in Pasadena, CA on March 3rd-5th. Your presence is not required but recommended. An email will be sent to notify your acceptance for nomination. If you are interested in filling one of these positions, you must submit a letter in writing by February 11, 2017.
CAL-ED needs YOU!
The conference is right around the corner!
Biography/Interests Due: Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017
* President-Elect (1-year term)
- In the absence of the President, preside over meetings and perform other
duties of the President.
- Acquire a working knowledge of parliamentary procedure and a thorough
understanding of the Bylaws and Policies and Procedures of the Organization.
- Assist the President in preparing, maintaining, and evaluating with revisions, as
needed, an annual budget with assistance from the Treasurer. This budget is to be presented at the last Board meeting of the traditional school year and is due for acceptance, with any revisions at the first Board meeting of the fall.
- Communicate with other officers, committee chairpersons, and the membership as needed to further the objectives of the Organization.
- Remain informed regarding legislation and guide the Organization in taking positions and actions concerning legislation. This is in coordination with the Legislative Committee.
- Oversee the committee chairpersons.
* Vice-President (2-year term)
- Coordinate and responsible for all aspects of Membership
- Coordinate Conference Registration
- Process membership applications and maintain current membership database
- Supervise the Area Representatives
- Supervise the conference registration
- Attend all board meetings
- Coordinate the Election/Ballot box
* Secretary (2-year term)
- Record minutes of all Board and General meetings
- Maintain past minutes
- Maintain files
- Attend all meetings
*Area II Representative (2-year term)
(Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Solano, and Sonoma)
* Area IV Representative (2-year term)
(Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Fresno, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare, and Tuolumne)
Area Representative's Job Description:
- Serve as the contact person to members and potential members in the area assigned
- Attend Board meetings as voting Board members
- Submit a newsworthy item, self-written or solicited from someone in the area represented, to each E-News publication by the deadline set by the E-News Editor
- Assist with the conference preparations
* Website Administator (2-year term)
- Oversee and maintain all transactions and updates as needed on Cal-Ed website
- Shall ensure that the website domain is secured annually
- Oversee and maintain all updates to the Cal-Ed forum
- Moderate all discussions and posts on the Forum
For questions, email Shane A. Molaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.